The International Cryptozoology Museum in Portland, Maine is seeking docents to engage and inspire guests from around the world, while promoting and supporting the ICM and its mission.
This position is part-time, shifts including some Wednesdays 12-3 and every Friday (3:30-6:00) and Saturday (11:00-6:00*). By working at the ICM you get valuable insight into the field of cryptozoology, experience of learning from Loren Coleman and the reward of being a part of a growing educational institution.
Front desk staff
Giving introduction to museum, providing maps, answering questions, working with Square Register (cash handling), restocking gift store, inventory, pricing product, cleaning and maintenance, providing patrons with a friendly and informative experience.
Wednesdays -- 12:00-3:00
Fridays -- 3:30-6:00
Saturdays* -- 11:00-3:30 and/or 3:30-6:00
Sundays -- 12-3
Position Description and Responsibilities include:
• assist visitors
• sell admission tickets
• promote memberships
• operate cash register (Square)
• provide general information about the museum to visitors
• straighten and refill merchandise
• Assist with special events and family programs throughout the season.
• Monitor the visitor experience to meet visitor needs and requests, provide direction, and help visitors have an enjoyable and thoughtful experience
• Resolve visitor issues quickly and effectively, ensuring visitor security and safety
• Take particular care of visitors with special needs (handicap access, etc.).
• Help maintain clean and organized public spaces and report equipment malfunctions and maintenance needs.
Ideal candidates possess:
• excellent public speaking skills and a flair for the dramatic
• mature and outgoing personality; must love talking with people!
• interest in education, history, or museums
• outstanding customer service skills
• ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and manage several tasks simultaneously
• reliability and professional appearance
Please visit http://cryptozoologymuseum.com/volunteer for an application.